Mac Essentials: Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)

Note: this post is obsolete, but maintained for historical reasons.

Here's what I need on my Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) desktop account, in order of appearance:
  1. Safari: get online. Other browsers I like: Firefox, Google Chrome
  2. MobileMe: automatically sync bookmarks, calendar, contacts, remote storage across all Apple gear (Macs, iPods, iPhones). Replace data on computer for the first sync.
  3. OmniFocus: Preferences > Sync > MobileMe; authenticate; Replace your database and start syncing? [Sync]
  4. DropBox: my files (and passwords)
  5. 1Password: Sync passwords across Macs, after Dropbox synchronizes.
Without using Mail, my home folder is 1.34 GB.
Essential Web Sites
  1. Google Account
  2. My Yahoo
Apple Settings
  • Enable Spaces
  • Dock: Left. Option-Cmd-D = Toggle Dock
Other Favorites
  • TextMate
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks, Neil! Appearing on an "Essentials" list is truly wonderful. We're glad that you find 1Password so useful. =)

--
Gita Lal
AWS Customer Care
http://agile.ws/support
http://twitter.com/1Password

Popular Posts